Mold isn’t just ugly; it’s dangerous. At Rocky Mountain Clean Air, we offer mold remediation services to get rid of this scourge in your home or office and restore it to livable condition.
While mold is a naturally occurring organism in our environment, we nonetheless try not to come into contact with it, the same way we try to avoid poisonous spiders and lightning strikes: they’re natural, but unwelcome.
Mold will only grow under certain conditions. It must be damp, and it must be dark. Dry air and sunlight kill mold. That’s why you most often see it in basements, closets and bathrooms where light is low and ventilation is poor.
If you see mold growing in your home or office building, you must do something to eradicate it. Mold growth is commonly black and brown, but it can also be white, yellow, green or pink.
It’s true you may not recognize mold when you see it, but you may not even see it. It could be inside the walls or the floor. But the spores are released into the air just the same.
Inhaled mold spores can make you sick. They can cause cold and flu-like symptoms, including coughing, wheezing, runny nose, congestion, fever and more. Mold can also cause other symptoms, including unusual rashes, mental confusion and fungal infections such as athlete’s foot. And it doesn’t just trigger symptoms in humans, it can affect pets and livestock as well.
When you call Rocky Mountain Clean Air, we test the surfaces and the air in your home or office for the presence of mold. If mold is found, we began the cleanup process.
First, we remove any items or building material that is too infested with mold to be able to save. This may include furniture, rugs, wallboard and more.
Next, we clean the items left behind with a special oxidizing cleaner. We do not use chlorine bleach, because although it is known to kill mold, it can also be an irritant to the eyes, lungs and other bodily systems.
Lastly, we strategize with you about ways to prevent the mold from returning. Was it from a flood, a sewer backup or leaky pipe? If so, repairs probably took care of the problem. But if there is a recurring leak at your property, or if your below-grade level is perpetually damp, remedial steps will need to be taken. Leaks must be repaired, and you should consider improving ventilation or installing a dehumidifier to fight the problem.
If you see mold in your Denver-area home or office, if there’s a pervasive musty smell or if you, your family or your employees seem to have colds that never go away, call Rocky Mountain Clean Air. We’ll find the mold and get rid of it for you — for good.